Healthy Food Recipe Blog

2 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE RECIPE

0

Follow Us

Okay, food confession time. When I was a kid, I LOVED McCain’s Deep ‘n Delicious chocolate cake. My mom never baked chocolate cake, so Deep ‘n Delicious is the chocolate cake that has all my warm and fuzzy nostalgic childhood memories. I’m pretty sure it’s a Canadian thing, so if you have no idea what I’m talking about, I don’t blame you. Basically, DND (as it shall now be known) is a frozen chocolate cake with star shaped chocolate frosting piped on top.

2 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE RECIPEvia Lucky Peach
serves 1-2
  • 1 EGG
  • 3 TABLESPOONS MILK
  • 3 TABLESPOONS NEUTRAL OIL
  • 3 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
  • 1/4 CUP SUGAR
  • 2 TABLESPOONS COCOA POWDER
  • 3 TABLESPOONS SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
  • SMALL SPLASH VANILLA EXTRACT
  • PINCH SALT
  • 1 MICROWAVE SAFE MUG
  • ICING SUGAR, IF DESIRED
Stir together the egg, milk and oil in your mug. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Microwave for 2 minutes. The cake will rise above the mug, so place a plate underneath if it makes your nervous. Cool in the mug and then enjoy, either straight from the mug, or tipped out onto a plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment